During the third month of the baby, you'll notice that it controls much more of his movements, especially his head. In addition, you will falter less because the neck muscles have been strengthened.
Their nervous system matures with speed, which lets you coordinate the activities of looking, grasping, sucking, etc; which involves a lot of activity and perform self-stimulation that fills us with satisfaction and joy.
The baby manages to differentiate the objects that it manipulates. Also has ripened his ability to remember objects and people. To help his memory, he explores everything with his hands. Towards the end of the third month the 2 hemispheres of the brain work together, what is referred to as bilateralism.
The small babble, purrs and makes a gargle. Even when you are alone, you will notice it giggling and emitting little noises. Having fun with the bodies that express sounds such as the tongue, the vocal cords, etc .. Also does it as a social game, in response to the words of another person.
In this stage, the baby's crying is difference, whether by sleep or hunger.
Common concerns in the third month
You may disturb some of the issues that could arise at this age. We will give you help by answering frequently asked questions. Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
The percentage of this syndrome is only about 2 out of every 1000 thousand children. You should know that past the first year it exceeds the risk of SIDS.
If you notice that your baby has this type of movements when attempting to grasp an object, don't be alarmed. This is a normal condition, because their motor skills have not developed fully. You will then be able to move with more definition.
It is normal to get rashes by the moist conditions of the diaper, having little ventilation and be exposed to materials chemical irritants. In addition, you can generate an allergy to the infectious agents in the urine and the caquita. Once the skin is hardening, the end of the problem.Read also: the navel of The baby
Some causes of rashes are:
- Dermatitis perianal: the area of the anus takes on a reddish coloration, due to the stool alkaline babies who are not breastfeed, that is to say, that taking milk from a bottle.
- Dermatitis friction: this is the redness in the places where it predominates over the rubbing (not in the folds of the baby's skin).
- Determatitis atopic: often appear in areas distant to the diaper, with a lot of itching. Extends to this area between 6 months and a year.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: occurs in the head and is dark red in colour with scales yellowish.
- Dermatitis candida: it is between the abdomen and thighs, with a red rash and painful in the inguinal folds.
- Impetigo: it is due to the action of bacteria. You can appear in the diaper area of two shapes: bulbous (big blisters of thin walls that burst and leave a thin yellow crust), and not bulbous (with thick crust, rough, yellow and a lot of redness).
- Dermatitis of the edge: it produces an irritation by rubbing of diaper against the skin.
- Inflammation of the penis by rash: occurs at the tip of the penis, which prevents the baby to urinate. Required to answer it with a treatment as soon as possible to prevent injury.
Recommendations to avoid or decrease skin rashes
- Changing the diapers of way followed
- Apply an ointment protective in the area
- Leave the baby without clothing from the waist down by the time that you can.