In this article you will find:
- The development of your baby
- Changes in your body
- How do you feel?
- Your 40 weeks of pregnancy:
- The progress of the baby:
The development of your baby
- Your baby is between 48 and 53 centimeters.
- The weight of your baby is between 3 and 4.5 kg.
- The bones of the skull are still separate to allow the head to be compressed during delivery.
- All your organs are complete.
Changes in your body
- Now in the 40 weeks of pregnancy the neck of the uterus will be more flexible and prepared for the birth, while your belly begins to go down.
- Perceive your skin more tight and itchy, especially in your belly, because its size is now larger.
- Contractions occur with more force, although you should not make any mistakes, because the real ones tend to be much more homogeneous. The contractions are increasing in intensity and frequency, and extend for 30 or 60 seconds.
How do you feel?
- You've already traveled all the way involving this beautiful stage. We know that you're very happy to bring to the world a life, but at the same time you're anxious to have him in your arms and give you all the love that it deserves. You just have to wait for his arrival, because if your baby is not yet born you must be quiet because only 5% is born in the period estimated.
Your 40 weeks of pregnancy:Your body has already experienced innumerable changes in the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Your belly has grown in an extraordinary way, your breasts are bigger and your belly button sticking out of your belly.
It is important to arrive this week to rest, take things with calm and you to prepare for all that entails childbirth, that every minute is closer.
It is necessary that you have this signs that will tell you that labor is looming. If you lose red blood, break bag or feel contractions regular and strong, that do not ease even if you change your position, it is vital that you contact immediately with your doctor, as you may find in labor.
What happens if the delivery is delayed?You've come to the 40 weeks, but your baby is not born yet and you feel worried about this. Sometimes, the baby is late and born between weeks 41 and 42. This is known as a pregnancy late-term.
It may happen that the baby is simply not ready to be born, or may have miscalculated the date of birth.
If you have already spent the week 40, are now going to monitor the fetus to ensure that all is well. If you're already coming to week 42, it is very possible that the doctor may decide to induce labor. In fact, in many hospitals there is a policy of induction of labor in these pregnancies, late.
The progress of the baby:Your child is full-term, already has the right size, and is prepared to come to the world. A large part of the fatty substance that covered it, called vernix, has dissipated, although it is possible to still possess the remains, in particular in its folds. It also already has hair and fingernails somewhat long, it could even have been scratched.
How much has it grown the baby?Your baby is between 48 and 53 centimeters and weighs between 3 and 4.5 kg.
Doctor visits will be more constant, since it is necessary to ensure that there is no drawback. Anyway, question about the frequency you should have your controls and the arrival of your baby.