From that developed the test Kits DNA home, the taking of DNA samples at home procedure is a very fast and easy.
Expert: Angelica Madrid, general technology medical Health Network UC
In the first place, with a Cotonou cotton scrub 10 times the internal zone of the cheek of the alleged father and do the same with another Cotonou and the child).
Although just one sample per person, it is advisable to make the laboratory a minimum of three samples of each subject.
Later, save the cottontails of each person in paper envelopes, separated, try to avoid plastic wraps.
Point in each data of the participants, the alleged father and child, and the mother, if so required.
With this ready, you can direct the envelope to the corresponding laboratory, and inform yourself there about the following procedures.
The test DNA Analysis for the Study of Paternity is a test of blood (or buccal mucosa) is performed to establish paternity with a minimum probability of 99.9%.
This test is performed preferably with samples of the mother, child and alleged father.
For the completion of the examination must take into account the following considerations:
- For this test requires a physician order. If you do not have one, you can request time with a medical geneticist. The doctor who has issued the order is responsible for interpreting the result.
- The examination must be paid at the time of taking the samples. Usually, this test is not reimbursed by the Isa-pres so that you will have to pay its cash value. You can also do it with 3 checks or with their credit card.
- The consultation of the medical geneticist must be paid in their opportunity, and, generally, may be reimbursed by the Isadore.
- In addition, you must sign an informed consent. If there is a minor involved it is necessary that the mother, father or legal guardian sign this document.
- Carry identity card of the individuals involved. In the case of minors, birth certificate or certificate of birth.
Collection of the sample
- At the time of the sample, we will request the identification of the individuals involved (identity card or birth certificate).
- The samples will be taken in the presence of two professionals (Nurse, Technologist, Physician, Doctor) who act as witness and certify the identity of the samples.
- If the sample is blood obtained in the usual way from an arm. In some cases, it may be necessary to take the blood sample from the heel or take a sample of oral mucosa by means of cotton swab.
- The samples were marked with codes to protect the identity of the people.