In this article you will find:
- Bring the hand to the mouth (coordination, arm – mouth)
- Find the sound with the eye (coordination eye – ear)
- Imitate actions that he has discovered for himself.
- Raise and support the head
- Do gorgoritos (first vocalizations)
Here are some activities for you to do with your child according to each one of their skills. Pay attention to the stimuli for baby of 3 months.
Bring the hand to the mouth (coordination, arm – mouth)
- Let the child carry the objects and hands to mouth and suck on them.
- Place the pacifier in the baby's hand and move it down to touch the mouth, repeatedly.
- When the child take an object in your hand, carefully push the arm toward his mouth, several times, until the child imitates the movement.
Find the sound with the eye (coordination eye – ear)
- When the child is looking at the face, talk to him with love clearly and the front. Especially during the food.
- Sing the child lullabies especially when we go to sleep.
- Talk to your baby in different tones of voice and make different sounds, imitating a buzzer, a bell, the drum, the voices of the animals, etc
- If you have a radio, let it near the child, with soft music for as long as possible.
- Place in front of the child a rattle and shake it several times. The will respond by ceasing activity, smiling, making gorgoritos.
- Sounding of the rattle to the left of the baby for the child to locate. When you turn the head toward the same side, let them see the rattle and make it sound again. Repeat now to the right. You can also use other sound objects such as the radio, palms, and also your voice.
- Present the child with 2 rattles, one on the right side of his head and another to the left; blow one of them and when the child has looked blows the other; repeat several times the activity in order to acquire agility in the movement of eyes and head, looking for the object that produces the sound.
- Make a sound unexpected and pleasant close to the child (rattle - rattle - hum - song); when your child seek and find with view the source of the sound, re-release it for the child to relate the sound with the object that produced it.
Imitate actions that he has discovered for himself.
- Place figures moving within the visual field of the child, once they have seen it, twist gently; if it shows excitement by waving their arms, hold the figures so that he can beat them with your hands.
- Show the child a string of metal objects, which to shake the dice produce a nice noise, when you are interested in the toy, place it within your reach and encourage him or her to hit you.
- Offer the child a string of beads, nuggets, or casters of any lightweight material and bold colors; clamp one of the ends, and then the child gripping the other, move the arm of the baby to discover the visual and sound effect that you get and try to imitate the action.
- Attach one of the feet of the child a toy sound to it when you shake your legs to discover the effect you achieved with your movement, and so repeat it many times.
- Offer the child a sound object with a rope that he can easily grasp to the shake your arm to achieve a sound or effect is pleasant and interesting, which take you to continue the game.
- Offer the child a rattle lightweight and clear sound, wait for the child to discover for himself the effect that is achieved when you move it, and let it operate as he wants.
- Place child sitting on a table or on the floor and roll a ball light to his feet, encourage him to move and push with their feet and move in different directions.
- Place it on a table and very close to the child small objects that roll (balls, circles, cylinders), encourage him to touch them to roll for their action.
Raise and support the head
- Lie the baby face down on your legs and place an object in front of your eyes (a rattle, for example); when the child is looking at the object, move it slowly up to the child to lift the head. Repeat the exercise many times, increasing the amplitude of the movement. Then move the object from left to right and vice versa.
- Place child face up and lying on a pillow high, take it out of the hands and lift it up to sit him up, several times, then let it. It goes down gradually, the support (pillow).
Do gorgoritos (first vocalizations)
- Talk to the child as long as possible and when he does gorgoritos, repeat the steps as close as possible to, several times, for the child to occur again.
- Juiced a lot and show your joy to the child, when they produce sounds with your mouth. The child to please you, try to repeat each time more those sounds you love.
- Seeks to talk to the child correctly, so you will have an opportunity to imitate ever more different sounds.
- The time of meals is very important to communicate with the child: make eye contact, acaricielo, talk a lot, so the feel that you want much and will communicate with you using movements, smiles, and gorgoritos.