The early stimulation seeks to provide tools to our children for a better development of physical, intellectual and social. That's why we present to you a list of stimuli for baby 1 month
Below, you will meet some activities for you to do with your child according to each one of their skills.
Exercise and organization of reflexes.
- Touch the baby's tongue with your finger or a pacifier. Each time you do it, the baby sucked and swallows saliva.
- Put on the baby's tongue 1 or 2 drops of water or orange juice (with a dropper or spoon small), for the child to pass.
Suction (to suck):at this age the child tries to suck on anything that rubs against your lips.
- Touch different objects (finger, pacifier, cotton, diaper,) the lips of the baby, he will provide the sucking reflex (sucking).
- Give the baby water or orange juice, using a spoon, but by placing just the tip in the baby's lips, for him to bring it to the mouth pulling the lips forward and sucking with more force.
- Give the baby water in 2 bottles (the orifice of the dummy hole larger and then change the nipple. The baby will have to perform the sucking with greater force to extract the liquid from the 2nd bottle.
- When feeding the baby to the breast, gently press with the hand the region close to the nipple, at intervals more or less regular, to bring the child to suck continuously. Give them moments of rest.
- Touch with the nipple in the corner left of the mouth of the baby, to perform a search. Once the child find the nipple and let him suck some times. Repeat the exercise, taking advantage of the moments in which the baby lost the nipple. Repeat the exercise touching the corner right. Then touching the upper and lower lip and the cheeks, increasingly moving away from the lips.
To perform the following activities, it is advisable to look for those moments in which the child is calm, and especially not hungry.
- Touch the gums of the child with the pacifier or your finger for him to press (bite).
- Place the pacifier into the child's mouth and move it gently the jaw, opening it and closing it.
- Place the pacifier in the baby's mouth and when aprisione, try to remove it gently, to give him strength to your bite.
Pressure of small objects
- Touch the palm of the hand of the baby to grip his finger. Use other objects such as a pacifier, small toys or rattles. Do it repeatedly, when you are with him.
Blinking against changes of intensity of light
- When you have lifted up the baby, try walking around for environments of different light intensities. The child blink or close his eyes when moving from darkness to clarity.
- Within the alcove, use a lamp for the preceding year. Walk further away from and closer to the lamp.
Cry when hungry or uncomfortable, and to stop when it is rising or strokeA child that receives attention when it needs it, not ask for attention when you don't need it.
- When the baby cries atiéndalo; you will surely get hungry or you will be wet.
- Wait for baby to cry when hungry. Then, atiéndalo quickly. Do not let him cry but not wake him up to feed him.
- When the baby is dry, you are finished eating, and cry, lift it, consiéntalo, talk to him, acarícielo, sing, etc Will calm down then.
Reject objects unsatisfactory (power)
- When the baby is hungry “engáñelo” leaving her to suck on his finger or the skin of the breast and then the nipple. Little by little the child will reject that which does not provide him with food.
Look at objects in their visual field
- When you are with the child, try to be placed in front of him and in constant activity, for the child to look at.
- Place objects of strong colors on the bed of the child, to look at when you are awake (moving).
- Lift the child and hold it to the mobile, when the child is watching, blow them, the movement and the strong colors attract the eye of the baby.
Direct the eyes towards the light
- Within the alcove, use a lamp, Placing it on sites that are within the reach of the eyes of the child and of the movements casual that you do with your head.
- When the bedroom is dark, turn on the lamp to the visual field of the child, but away from him, to turn his gaze toward the light.
- If possible, place the cot of the baby, so that he can look easily into the window or the door, when you wake up. You will notice that the child will be more and more time looking into the places where there is more light.
Make constant movements with their members
- Dress your baby comfortably. Don't wrap a lot, so will give you freedom of movement to your legs and arms.
- Take advantage of when changing the diaper of the baby, to leave the legs in the open air and freedom of movement, touch and caress the legs and feet of the baby.
- Take advantage of bath time for the child to exercise his / her arms and legs. Tap them to cause movements in them.