In this article you will find:
- 130 g of flour for pastry
- 5 eggs
- 200 g of almond flour
- 200 g of sugar
- 8 egg whites
- 70 g of softened butter
- 225 g of Nutella® (for the filling and to decorate)
PreparationYour Christmas this year is going to be all the sweeter with this cake traditional that turns into a trunk of Christmas. Perfect for making with the kids home. do you like Nutella? For dessert today you have the best of the traditional yule log and cream of cocoa and hazelnut preferred at home. I don't think anyone can resist this chocolate dessert.The yule log with Nutella consists of a swiss roll made with a sheet of sponge cake that is filled with cream of cocoa and hazelnut, in this case, nougat, whipped cream, meringue, or pastry cream, according to the tastes of each home. And we ended with a delicious layer of cocoa butter with hazelnuts decorated in the christmas style.I am sure that at home you can enjoy preparing this trunk Christmas with you family.
Preparation of the cake for the trunk of Nutella
- Tamizamos the flour and melt the butter. Reserve
- We separate the egg whites from the yolks and put the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a bowl. With a whisk we set up the 8 egg whites with a pinch of salt until very firm.
- Add the sugar to the egg whites in several batches and continue whisking until it has integrated completely. We will be left with a meringue is firm and glossy.
- On the other hand, in a large bowl, beat 5 eggs, the almond flour and the sugar. Finally, add the melted butter in the dough.
- With a whisk manuals integrate the mixture with stirring motion to prevent the clear to be discharged.
- Tamizamos the flour and repeat the operation to integrate all the ingredients with movements, delicate and enveloping.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and place on a tray suitable for oven, baking paper.
- We can stick it to the base with a few drops of the mixture in the cake or with a little butter.
- I've used a tray 30 x 35 cm but you can use another larger. We just have to keep in mind that the cake will be more thin.
- We extend the biscuit dough on the surface of the tray as cover, trying to stay in all parts of the same thickness.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 200 ° C. after removing the cake from the oven, and still hot, cover it with a damp cloth. We turn around and roll up on itself. Leave it to cool and folded.
- We can leave the cake saved in the fridge from one day to another with the shape of the arm.
Preparation of the yule log with Nutella. Final assembly
- Desenrollamos the sponge cake leaving it on a parchment paper and with a knife smeared across the surface with Nutella. The role facilitates the operation of winding and transfer to the serving tray.
- We extend the cocoa butter with hazelnuts, Nutella® on the surface of the cake while leaving two fingers of one of the sides shorter.
- Roll up the cake with the help of the baking paper and store in the fridge.
- Smeared with cream cocoa with hazelnuts over the entire surface of the trunk of Christmas by leaving free the ends of the yule log.
- Store in the fridge until the cacao butter has hardened.
- With a fork or a punch we do in our trunk a few grooves as a decorative to make it look like a tree trunk.
- Let it rest and cut the 2 ends to see the inside of the cake with the cream of cocoa and hazelnuts. Just decorating to taste of home, if you want you can put in details christmas.