In this article you will find:
- Considerations for the introduction of solid foods
- How to start ablactación?
- Do it yourself: cream of avocado and carrot
The ablactación is the stage that occurs when the babies are ready to replace the liquid food for solid food, when the nutritional needs of the babies are bigger that you can cover the breast milk or the formula, the intake of solids in the diet is introduced to kick-start a nutritional supplement necessary for its development.
The intake of solid starts around the sixth month of pregnancy and involves a step by step process, that should be indicated by a medical specialist, the transition involves a big change for the little one, so you have a lot of patience at the time of feeding because it is experiencing new flavors and new textures that may cause rejection in your palate.
Considerations for the introduction of solid foods
- Need of substances: proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, that help your development, avoiding nutritional deficiencies.
- Development, gastrointestinal: with the intake of solid food and high in proteins can finish developing your part gastrointestinal.
- Physical development: growth and development physical the infant might be a good indication that they are prepared to include solids in his diet, and whether the child holds his head or manages to sit alone, then it will be much easier to the stage of ablactación.
How to start ablactación?
The ablactación starts with the food intake liquid-like, a little soft and subsequently solid in its entirety, the provision of solid foods should be based on the nutritional needs that directed by your pediatrician.
Do it yourself: cream of avocado and carrot
If you want the porridge to be part of this beginning, we invite you to make yourself:
- 1 avocado.
- 2 carrots
- A pinch of parsley powder (this must be added little by little, the strong flavor could lead to rejection by the small)
- To begin, steam the carrot until soft. While cooking the carrots, remove the meat from the avocado and cut it into slices or squares.
- In a medium bowl, place the avocado, carrots and other ingredients, then mash until you achieve the texture desired.