In this article you will find:
- Can you change the name of a child?
- If I adopt can I change the name of the child?
- What to do after making the name change?
The lawyer Hector Valenzuela, talks about the process of name change in children, the causes that enable this process and how to respond to an process of adoption.
Can you change the name of a child?
We must bear in mind that once we do the registration of our children will probably not be able to change the name, there is a law that states that children must use their first and last names of birth during his entire life.
To change the name or surname of a child must be taken into account 4 grounds key:
- When the names of the person they are ridiculous, ludicrous, or them involve prejudice, moral or physical.
- When a person has been known with the same name for more than 5 years.
- When the parentage of the child is not determined or when both parents have the surnames the same.
- When the names are not of Spanish origin, and want to castellanizarlos or modify its pronunciation or writing.
If I adopt can I change the name of the child?
“The people who want to adopt can add their last names without any problem, because there are no people claiming ties with the child who will remain under your custody, this type of procedures can be carried out in a family court,” says the lawyer.
What to do after making the name change?
To perform some type of legal paperwork you must have the advice of an attorney, he is going to lead up to a civil court, which is located near your home, and then publish in the official journal the new changes, if at the expiration of thirty days no one objects, the judge may authorize the modification of the names.