In this article you will find:
- Food important
- Is it recommendable to put myself on a diet during the breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding can become the best ally for mothers in the postpartum period, the benefits that provides breast milk to the newborn and the mother are multiple.
The first thing that you must take into account a mother is that breast milk should contain all the necessary nutrients to feed the baby, therefore it is essential that a woman consume the nutrients of life that will be subsequently ingested by your child.
- Consuming dairy is essential in the nursing woman to the bone mineralization of the baby.
- The meats should be lean and free of fat.
- Consuming fish at least three times a week.
- Eating eggs three times a week.
- Eating whole grains with protein and low amount of fat.
- Fruits and vegetables should be present in the diet of the nursing woman, at least five times a day, including a salad and a citrus juice.
- The breastfeeding women also need fat in your body, for this reason you should use virgin olive oil in moderate amount.
- Sugars such as chocolate and soft drinks (beverages) should be avoided during this process, since it does not provide nutrients significant.
Is it recommendable to put myself on a diet during the breastfeeding?
Milk production consumes a large amount of energy in the mother, which occurs automatically and without the need of diet, calorie burning, a mom who is in a normal weight you should add in your daily intake by at least about 300 kcal to maintain a good milk production without the need of perceiving changes in the weight.
- Keep a good hygiene in fruits and vegetables.
- Do not eat canned goods.
- If you don't want to lose weight then try to consume extra calories while breastfeeding.
- Don't worry about losing weight for everything there is time, focus on your baby and feeding her.