From that developed the test Kits pharmacy at home, how to obtain DNA samples is a procedure very fast and easy. In first place with a cotonito of cotton rub 10 times the internal zone of the cheek of the father and do the same with another cotonito and the child). Although just one sample per person is advisable to arrive at the laboratory a minimum of three samples of each subject involved.
Expert: Angelica Madrid, general technology medical Health Network UC
How to obtain DNA samples
- With a cotonito of cotton as opposed to the cheek of the father and later with other cotonito of cotton, the cheek of the child.
- Later, save the cotonitos of each person in paper envelopes, separate and try to avoid the plastic wraps.
- Point in each data of the participants: parent and child, and the mother if required.
- With this you can direct the envelope to the corresponding laboratory and inform yourself there about the following procedures.
The test DNA Analysis to the study of fatherhood is a test of blood (or buccal mucosa) is performed to establish paternity with a minimum probability of 99.9%. This test is preferably carried out with samples from the mother, child and alleged father.
For the examination of DNA must take into account the following considerations:
- For the DNA test requires a physician order. If you do not have one you can apply with a medical geneticist, and is responsible for interpreting the result.
- The examination must be paid at the time of taking the samples. Usually, this test is not reimbursed by the Isapres so that you will have to pay its cash value. You can also do it with 3 checks or with their credit card.
- The consultation of the medical geneticist must be paid in their opportunity, and generally, may be reimbursed by the Isapre.
- In addition, you must sign an informed consent. If there is a minor involved it is necessary that the mother, father or legal guardian sign this document.
- Carry identity card of the individuals involved. In the case of minors, birth certificate or certificate of birth.
- At the time that the sample will prompt you for the identification of the individuals involved (identity card or birth certificate).
- The DNA samples will be taken in the presence of two professionals (Nurse, Technologist, Physician) who act as witness and certify the identity of the samples.
- If the sample is blood obtained in the usual way from an arm. In some cases it may be necessary to take the blood sample from the heel or take a sample of oral mucosa by means of cotton swab.
- The samples were marked with codes to protect the identity of the people.