In this article you will find:
- Breastfeeding and medicines
According to the Breastfeeding Committee of the Association, Spain of Pediatrics, it is advisable to avoid any drug while breastfeeding, but if medication is the only solution to relieve any type of illness or discomfort, it is best to choose to stop breastfeeding.
The medications are prohibited during pregnancy, however, after giving birth the question is whether or not to take any medicine during breastfeeding; what that points to the Breastfeeding Committee of the Association Spain of Pediatrics is that you should avoid any drug while breastfeeding, but when medicating is the only way it is best to stop breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding and medicines
It should be noted that about 90% of the drugs are compatible with breastfeeding, but there are some drugs that should be prescribed and reviewed by a doctor before being consumed.
For hazard to generate some situations:
- If the blood absorbs and transports the drug.
- Does the drug pass into the milk.
- What the drug to generate some negative effect for your little one.
Keep in mind that the drug sometimes produces no physical effect on your little one, but if you can change the taste of breast milk, which would cause a rejection on the part of the small.
- You have to be careful and cautious in what that you can consume to help prevent your child runs some risk.
- It's always best to ask your doctor and pediatrician for your little one before taking any medication.