How moms many times we want to have a large family and in many cases when we have a small child as we want to have another baby. Thence are derived the questions are more frequent among women who want to get pregnant even when your firstborn is small: when is the best time to have another baby, I'm ready for another pregnancy, and many other questions that only you can answer knowing that this decision is more difficult than having the first child. However, a good option would be to consult with your doctor about it.
Expert: Amalia Aguilera, deputy chief of midwifery for Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Clinical Hospital of the University of Chile
When is the best time to have another baby is not only have it but to completely change your family again. Every new birth implies a new style of life, affecting your relationships, work (in home and outside), and the economy; in addition to affect your other children.
Each person has their own opinion on the ideal time to have a baby and how many members must have a family. It is important that you analyze thoroughly the issue, in the family, or along with your partner to make such an important decision.
Many believe that the decision to be parents again depends more on the time interval between the sons that the amount of these. Is there a time interval ideal? Some believe that it is better to have children in quick succession, so that they can play together and go to the trouble of raising them in the shortest time possible, while others believe that it is better to “space” births, so that each child receives the attention and care enough.
Experts in the topic about when is the best time to have another baby have come to the conclusion that the ideal is to wait 2 to 3 years between each birth): according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, the average interval between the 1° and the 2° baby is around 30 months (study conducted on american women).Read also: What is the best time to get pregnant?
- If the period between pregnancies is less than 18 months or greater to 5 years, the probability that the 2° baby is born premature, with low weight or very small for their age could be higher, according to a recent study by the Journal of the American Medical Association. What happens is that according to this study, when the intervals between each pregnancy are too short, the body of the mother does not have enough time to recover from the stress and the loss of nutrients in the 1st pregnancy; whereas when the intervals are longer, the fertility of women decreases gradually.
- According to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, wait 18 to 23 months after the birth of the last baby for 1 new seems to be the best for the health. The doctors investigated that babies conceived in less than 6 months after a previous delivery are 40% more likely to be born prematurely or with a low weight; while those conceived after 10 or more years to the birth of another child are at approximately double the risk of being premature.
- A research similar to the University of California in San Francisco found that the ideal interval between babies is 24 to 35 months, as the babies conceived before this period had increased risk of being born with a low birth weight.
- To Jeannie Kidwell, a professor of family studies at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, the best time to conceive another baby is when the 1st child is less than 1 year or more than 4. It is based on the children's relationships with their parents, jealousy between siblings, and self-esteem of children. Since children under the age of 1 year have not developed the sense of exclusivity, they are less likely to be jealous by the arrival of a little brother; whereas those who are 4 years old have already enjoyed the attention of their parents and, in addition, you now have more autonomy.
When is the best time to have another baby
No science is involved in all decisions especially those that involve feelings. Some of the things that you should take into account are:Also read: toxic shock Syndrome
- How old is my other son? Although the above suggests an ideal interval, it is not possible to establish a rule. The opinions of the people are diverse; some hope to the most possible in order to guarantee their children the time and attention, while others believe that children who are carried by a little age, they are mates for life and that the job of parenting will be easier for the mom. You must meditate on these matters to define your own position.
- How will another baby my lifestyle? If you already have a routine that is ideal and you have a good support to take care of the children, or because they sleep all night in a row, you may have reached the point where you finally have the time to devote to your partner. Perhaps you have returned to work in what you like. You must think of all this if you want to have another baby; at the time, the energy, and the change will mean for your other children.
- What is my financial situation? Keep in mind that you will need money for food, clothes, accessories and furniture, as well as the health of the baby. You will need to have a little more extra money to your monthly budget before having another child. In addition, you must analyze your work situation: do you Have a stable job? Do you work part time or full time? Can you leave work or pay for the care of your new baby if you keep your job?
- How old am I? This is an important factor especially if you have over 38 years, since you can't give you the luxury of spacing births 3 years. But if you have not reached 30 and don't have any health problems, you can be more flexible. It is important that you talk about the topic of the age with your partner, as together they can have an idea of the age that they want to have when they finish raising their children.
- Do we agree? Sometimes the man is ready to have more children, but the woman is not. It is difficult that both are in sync all the time. For this reason, must discuss the differences between the two; analyze together the points of view of each one, so that they can understand each other. Talk with other couples who are in the same situation to share their experiences.
- What says my heart? Even though you feel a huge amount of information and see the pros and cons, this is a decision that mostly affects your heart. If you really want another baby, and your partner also, it is due to your heart!