In this article you will find:
- In what other way can I take care of the baby's ears?
- What happens if the ear wax accumulates in the ears of the baby?
- Do I have to remove the earwax every day?
Maintain the hygiene of our children is very important; the ears are one of the parts that deserve further attention, Raul Corrales, a pediatrician explains how to achieve good hygiene in the area a child's hearing.
How to clean baby's ears?
- If the child has ear wax very hard you can soften it with glycerine or oil to children, apply it in the ear with a dropper (can be performed 2 times a day), until you can clean them.
- Places the child with the head on a pad and inserted into your ear oxygenated water (heated to around 37 degrees), this should be done with a syringe of 3 millimeters and must be emptying slowly.
- The oxygenated water should be between one and two minutes in the ear, in that time keep the child's head supported so that the liquid between the well and then put it in a vertical position until you exit the wax.
- You must observe that the membrane is not perforated, so the liquid could go directly to the eardrum causing a serious infection.
In what other way can I take care of the baby's ears?
- Clean the external areas of the ear or behind the ear (this is what you can do with a towel wet).
- When it's chilly don't forget to put a hat on your little one to stay with their head warm.
- Prevents the ears of your little one are a lot of time in the water.
- Do not expose to loud noises.
What happens if the ear wax accumulates in the ears of the baby?
“If this wax accumulates it may be that the child does not listen well, but usually not anything serious, we must remember that the wax found in the ear also serves to protect the eardrum of the infectious particles that are in the environment,” says the pediatrician.Read also: genital Hygiene of the baby: Learn how to apply it
Do I have to remove the earwax every day?
Raul Corrales, ensures that: “it is Not recommended to clean the baby's ears every day, because the ear canal has the appropriate mechanisms to make the wax go leaving slowly, like a mother you just need to make only a superficial cleaning.
- If your baby has any problem you should take him to the otolaryngologist.
- Clean the ears with cotton swabs.
- Avoid the child to enter any of your fingers in the ear, the hands are the carrier vehicle to the larger bacteria.