In this article you will find:
- How do you know which contraceptive method to use?
- Does taking contraceptive pills affect the fertility?
- What method of contraception you should use a woman who wants children in the future?
- What birth control is recommended for the nursing woman?
- Advantages of using birth control pills
- Side effects or disadvantages of birth control pills
How do you know which contraceptive method to use?
Contraceptives are the main tools of family planning. To know which method to use, you should follow the advice of a specialist, which will take into account the characteristics of the patient and also the possible associated diseases.
Does taking contraceptive pills affect the fertility?
The dr. Claudio Álvarez and Alberto Costoya, fertility specialists assert that: “ women do not become infertile with the intake of contraceptives. There is only a 5% of patients may be left with disturbances of cycle after taking pills for a long time, but this is not a serious problem, because the body of the woman rapidly returns to her normal fertility”.
A proper use of contraceptives does not interfere with your chances of conceiving, it also enables the planning of a pregnancy at the right time.
What method of contraception you should use a woman who wants children in the future?
- Contraceptive injection
- IUD or IUS
- Pills a day
- Birth Control Ring
What birth control is recommended for the nursing woman?
The specialists claim that a woman is in period infant you can't use the pills consist of two hormones. What they recommend for your care would be:
- Minipill (progestin)
- Contraceptive injection quarterly
- IUD or IUS
Advantages of using birth control pills
- Decrease the bleeding and cramping.
- Decreased pain during ovulation.
- You can prevent pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Reduction of fibrocystic changes in the breasts of the woman.
- Can help the disappearance of the acne.
- Can reduce cysts on the ovary.
- May protect against cancers of the ovary and endometrial.
Side effects or disadvantages of birth control pills
- Can cause nausea and vomiting.
- Weight gain.
- Alteration of the lipid profile of women.
- Decrease of the libido.
- Do not protect against sexually transmitted infections or HIV.
- If you are used to during the first few days of breastfeeding, can reduce the milk supply.
- Contrary to contraceptives, yes there are some drugs that can influence fertility, as is the case of the anti-inflammatory drugs. It is important to consume medicines only when necessary.
- Before consuming any type of medication, you will need to learn more about the possible side effects.