In this article you will find:
- What causes postpartum depression male?
- Postpartum depression in men and women
- Studies that claim male depression
- How can you not feel moved?
Although it may seem far-fetched and even impossible, in your new role as parents, they also suffer from postpartum depression, male. Attribute that always has been given to the moms.
What causes postpartum depression male?
Postpartum depression is not exclusive to women, given that studies suggest that one out of every ten men suffer from it. And is caused by low testosterone levels in the parents, causing a lack of sleep, stress, aggressiveness, anxiety attacks, and a terrible deception that leads them to be considered a bad father.
Postpartum depression in men and women
The arrival of a baby is one of the moments more special and important for the majority of the mothers, who have carried in your womb for nine months, a new life. The life of a woman changes radically, because, it is women who experience the hormonal and physical changes, and in addition to that the hard process of labor pains. These are the reasons which caused many of them to suffer postpartum depression.
Parents, for their part, also await with longing the arrival of this new life, the emotions, however, can be contradictory after the birth of the baby, the new role, fatherhood responsibilities, the life partner, the tiredness, the fear, cause them to men anxiety and sadness which leads to depression.
Studies that claim male depression
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, 10.3% of men worldwide suffer from depression during the first trimester of your baby's life.
Such a study was conducted and published in 2010. The researchers analyzed 43 studies of more than 28 thousand participants, resulting in more than 10% of men suffered from depression prenatal and postpartum depression.Read also: finally, a history of breastfeeding in public with a happy ending
Symptoms of postpartum depression male
- Isolation of family members.
- Increase of work burden.
- Digestive problems.
- Lack of interest in sex.
- Little affective.
How can you not feel moved?
- The arrival of a baby should be synonymous with happiness, but many times the partner feels displaced, tired, and with an emotional charge that does not let him enjoy this new stage of life. It is advisable to seek a specialist who will prepare for the baby's arrival.
- Many men begin to feel that the children suddenly take over everything the time and space of the woman and this leads them to enter into anxiety, which turns to depression and rejection from the family. It is advisable that couples seek the help of a specialist (if necessary) to create a plan that will help them to assimilate the maternity.
- We must keep in mind that postpartum depression in men is a reality, and as wives, women and couples, we can solve the problem for the good of the family, always with love, respect and communication.