The acne newborn is a common injury in the newborn's skin. We can often see bumps on the baby's face similar to those that appear in adolescence, is presented from two weeks of age and can appear both in boys as in girls.
- Usually affects the male sex organ.
- If it appears after three months, it's called acne infant.
- Some specialists connect it with the sebaceous glands.
- Its appearance is similar to adolescent acne and it appears on the cheeks, chin and forehead.
This alteration of the skin disappears spontaneously within days or weeks, and most of the times do not need medical treatment, however, when the condition extends to causing problems in other areas of the body, it is ideal to carry the baby with your pediatrician.
Causes of acne neonatal
The body of the newborn, initially the skin may be more susceptible to changes and abnormalities when exposed to the life, and these complications may frighten us a little, especially when we are new, but, in specific, acne neonatal have simple solutions.
According to the WHO (World Health Organization), this alteration in the skin occurs in 40% of neonates and the causes are as basic as:
- Dryness in the skin.
- Lack or excess of moisture.
- Abundant salivation.
- Air pollution.
- Contact with the breast milk.
Prevention and cure of acne neonatal
To prevent the appearance of pimples on the skin of the baby is almost impossible, but there are methods that help to improve this injury
- Clean the face of the newborn two times a day, in the morning and before bed, with water and soap suitable for your baby's skin.
- Avoid scratch or remove the pimples of the face of the baby.
- When the lesion extends, the pediatrician will indicate drugs to improve the infant's skin, however, these should only be given under medical supervision.
- Wash with mild detergents baby clothes and not to expose your wet clothes in the sun.
- Keep the affected area clean and dry.