Probably occur to you that after dressing our little ones with that trajecito that we've purchased, we give it a half turn and suddenly the child you have taken out all the clothes! If you have a child at home between 1 and 3 years will be very normal that presencies this type of episodes.
For children between 1 and 3 years, dressing and undressing is very entertaining. Do not for get angry, more good practice the coordination of their hands and fingers.
Expert: Daniel Calderon, a specialist in sensory integration and professor of the School of Occupational Therapy of the University of the Andes
During this age, the most common thing is that without a lot of stimulation, children are developing almost spontaneously these skills. They will learn about the movements and positions of your body, at the same time that mimic the actions of others.
The smaller ones, iran desvistiendo almost at the same time that they are dressed, what they enjoy, but then you will want to do it alone, following your own pace. So you will need to have recourse, as always, patience and creativity.
Progress towards autonomy
- The abilities of the children are progressing in a similar way in all of them.
- Initially, you will learn to undress and then to dress each garment, as it is easier to disassemble than assemble: socks, gloves, hats or shoes will come first in your extremities.
- After you begin to work together,placing their arms or legs, to subsequently try to wear all clothes without help.
- The characteristics of the clothes influence how you are going to develop their autonomy.
- They find it easier to put garments open (shirt, jacket, vest), that the closed (t-shirt or sweatshirt). Also, they will advance managing the different elements of the wardrobe.
After the 4 years can be expected to identify the front and back of the clothing as she put it on.
Tips entertained to guide you
- If your child loves dressing up, llénale a box with clothing that you no longer use and that is easy to put on and remove. You'll be able to verify that it's a lot easier to undress from the waist down to above, this is because it looks better and come good with their paws.
- You can start dressing him up and he can try to complete the action. For example, you'll pull the sock up to the heel and he should be out completely.
- We can also create instances for practice. Put toys that will help to manage buttons, zippers, velcro, snaps, laces and buckles.
- In the morning, the most practical is that it passes elastic waist pants, t-shirts without buttons and shoes with velcro.
- Let her decide what she wants to wear between 2 or 3 garments. This will also help to take small decisions.
- Establish a routine and dibújenla on a piece of cardboard.
- The ideal is that, after the bath, the first task is getting dressed. Then hang the poster in your room.