In this article you will find:
- Why why legumes are known as a food super?
- Legumes and the amount of protein in grams that contains a portion:
- Easy ways to incorporate legumes in your diet:
Legumes are foods essential during the gestation period, because of them, you can get protein, iron and potassium.
Why why legumes are known as a food super?
- From a point of view, botanical, legumes are the fruits of leguminous plants. These fruits have the form of a sheath that opens through the half and contains in seeds, such as beans, peas, soybeans, peanuts and lentils.
- Are excellent sources of folate (folic acid), potassium, iron, magnesium and essential fatty acids.
- They contain phytochemicals, they contribute to the prevention of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- These seeds are also responsible for providing fiber, whose consumption is closely linked to a reduction in the level of total cholesterol and the “bad” cholesterol (LDL), as to the likelihood of a lower risk of colon cancer.
- During pregnancy, the fibers also help to prevent two discomfort common: constipation and hemorrhoids.
- Most legumes are a great source of protein, that's why you put them in the same category as meats when planning meals.
- In addition to being very economical, they have the advantage that they do not contain cholesterol and are usually low in fat.
Legumes and the amount of protein in grams that contains a portion:
- 1/4 cup peanuts: 9 oz
- 1/2 cup lentils, cooked: 9 grams
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked: 8 grams
- 1/2 cup beans, cooked: 7 grams
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked: 6 oz
- 1/2 cup of kidney beans cooked: 6 oz
- 1/2 cup peas, cooked: 4 g
- 1/2 cup of green beans cooked: 9 grams
- 1/4 cup of beans hoyados: 17 grams
Easy ways to incorporate legumes in your diet:
- Add legumes to soups, roasts, casseroles, and stir-fries.
- Prepare purees of beans and serve with tortillas, crackers or bread.
- Mix in the salad vegetables favorite (black beans, red or chickpeas, canned).
- As option food crispy in the afternoon, can be tested beans, soy or peanuts, toasted, in place of other foods low in nutrients.
- Can prepare meatballs and lasagna with soy meat or tofu (soy cheese), provided that it is shredded.
- Finally, a good option is to find recipes of desserts made with beans (there are many, and they are very rich!), as the brownies from black beans and sweet beans red.