In this article you will find:
- To use this tool it is necessary to take into account certain things:
The tool below will help you to see the height and weight of your baby comparatively in a chart that contains the statistical data for normal, maximum and minimum according to the WHO.
You just have to select if your baby is a boy or a girl, then select the requested data and press “Update chart” and you'll see how to the point are representative of your baby will be placed in the indicated place (this may take fractions of a second in relocating).
If you prefer, you can use the tool in a new window.
To use this tool it is necessary to take into account certain things:
- What is a percentile
A percentile is a number that tells us that underneath it are the x% of the children healthy. Example, if the calculator shows that your child is between the 10th percentile and the 15, it means that between 10 and 15% of healthy children his age weigh less than he does.
- Only half of the healthy children are above average
That means that the parents of another percentage (those that are below the average), must make an effort not to modify the feeding of your child trying to climb on the table.
- In premature
To assess the percentile of weight and height of a premature baby we have to use corrected age. That is to say, the age that you would have if you were born after 40 weeks of pregnancy.
- Make sure that your baby will grow according to the parameters of the calculator of weight and height.
- Any doubt, consultation with the doctor of your baby.
- Remember that these tables are made with boys and girls healthy from 0 to 5 years of age.
- It is important that after the 5 years to search for the way to keep an eye on the weight and height of the child, with other methods.