Before you start to stimulate your child it is important that you define which will be the goals you want to achieve, and thus be able to measure the results of your intervention.
Among the most important objectives of the early stimulation comprise:
- Allow the maximum development of the child at a general level or in specific areas, such as the intellectual, social, language, etc
- Adapt the activities to the stage of development that is going on the child, so that the fully alive and overcome.
- Avoid forcing the child to perform an activity for which he is not prepared, and so advance in their development.
- Serve as a strategy to avoid and mitigate risks to which children are exposed and that may alter their normal evolution.
- Encourage a change of attitude of parents and community members in the management of the environment, to make it a healthy place, cheerful and suitable for the optimal development of the child.
- Channeling the innate desire to learn each child to develop their creative potential.
- Awakening artistic sensitivity from an early age through sensory experiences enriching.
- Give the opportunity for the child to manipulate different materials to promote the successful development of the skills that he has, increasing their trust and confidence.
- Take advantage of the time father-son, enriching the relationship and the enjoyment of being together. At the same time, while they relate to parents and children, you get an educational goal through the activities.
These objectives are not the only ones that correspond to a society that has been characterized as being sufficiently productive, but not for this reason, it has to stop to take in to account those members of the conglomerate child to not have their abilities one hundred percent developed, are part of one human group known as people with disabilities.Read also: Stimuli with objects for the baby to identify them
In children who have certain physical abnormalities or psychological stimulation early also has its objectives:
- Promote the assessment of the child with disabilities as a person and as an individual, that is to say as a subject, unique and unrepeatable, unique and entitled to their social place, beginning with the family.
- Ensure the development of the potentialities of the child.
- Generate the maximum of self-esteem.
- To achieve family integration, social, and school to the extent possible.
- Prevent the factors handicapping side.
- Avoid situations of risk family.
- Help support the medical treatments.
- Facilitate the adaptation of the mother-child pair at the start of the therapeutic approach-pedagogical of the small with disabilities.