In this article you will find:
- Types of vitiligo
- 3 ways to detect vitiligo in babies
- How vitiligo is contagious?
- Is there a treatment for vitiligo?
- Diet and vitiligo
Vitiligo is a condition of de-pigmentation acquired, chronic, of the skin and sometimes the mucosa, which results from the selective loss of melanocytes. This disease has, unfortunately, been reported from ancient times; and although it is not a rare disease, has been until recently an orphan disease in terms of drug development, and a pathology which is poorly studied in the field of dermatology.
The specialists ensure that they do not know what is the cause of vitiligo, but some believe it may be an autoimmune disease. It also seems to be hereditary.
Types of vitiligo
Type A: this type of vitiligo can be seen multiple white patches which are generalized and symmetrical, commonly in the area of the face and neck and continue to appear for years.
Type B: this type of vitiligo is more common in children of months, it tends to come on quickly and stops their evolution after one year.
3 ways to detect vitiligo in babies
The presence of white spots in the groin area, in the face and on the hands, though it may also appear all over the body.
The spots are growing constantly. Can grow up to 5cm.
The eyebrows, the eyelashes and the head can be white and in many cases grey.
How vitiligo is contagious?
In reality, this disease is not contagious, the symptoms mentioned are only visual, so that there will be no discomfort to the small; probably yes, you may feel a little itching in the process of depigmentation, but something mild and controlled.
Is there a treatment for vitiligo?
The treatments for vitiligo try to help repair the white color that appears on the skin, but do not work for everyone and sometimes has unwanted side effects.Read also: How to prepare your child for kindergarten
Diet and vitiligo
These are some of the foods that help control vitiligo:
- You can consume meat, soy beans, banana, watermelon, leaf lettuce and sprouts of sunflower.
- The Omega 3 is an essential part of the diet anti Vitiligo. These essential fatty acids offer a number of health benefits, including the improvement of levels of circulation, the prevention of the inflammation and strengthen the immune system.
- Eat beets, spinach, dark green leafy vegetables and carrots.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 2 liters a day.