Appendicitis corresponds to an inflammation of the appendix vermicular, this is an organ that is tiny that is located at the beginning of the ascending colon. The swelling of the same, takes place once that it clogs the fecal contents retained, which leads to damage and infect the walls of appendix. Appendicitis child has become the main cause of surgery in children 3 to 8 years.
Both in children as in adults the first symptom is pain around the navel or abdominal area, starts out mild but progressively becomes constant and severe.
Symptoms of appendicitis child
- Abdominal pain and moderate fever.
- These symptoms change and it may become difficult to diagnose in children, older adults and women of childbearing age.
- Possibly, the child does not want to eat, suffer from nausea, vomiting, and fever.
- While the inflammation increases, the pain will be distributing to the right side of the lower abdomen.
- If there is rupture of the appendix, the child may feel that it relieves the pain for a brief moment, but there arises the peritonitis and the pain is more intense for the small.
- The discomfort gets worse if you walk or cough. By the same, will opt for to stay quiet.
- Shiver and shudder.
Causes of appendicitis child
Is basically due to the following:
- Obstruction of the appendix by feces.
- Obstruction by a foreign body.
- Also (less likely), due to a tumor.
Treatment of appendicitis child
Appendicitis requires surgical intervention, which is called appendectomy, the surgery is simple, and will remove the appendix, unless it look complicated with peritonitis.
Peritonitis corresponds to an inflammation of the peritoneum that occurs due to perforation of the appendix. This surgery may develop as an open procedure, that is to say, with incisions of surgical type in the abdomen and, by the way, will be great.
Or, you can take place through a laparoscopic procedure, which uses a camera and incisions are made girls.Read also: Appendicitis