In this article you will find:
- Some risks
- How to detect post-partum depression?
- Oxytocin can Prevent postpartum depression?
- Benefits of breastfeeding
Some specialists ensure that breastfeeding would be very beneficial to the state of mind of the mothers who are in their first days of breastfeeding, to the point that women with difficulties breastfeeding in the first two weeks after childbirth have an increased risk of developing a post-partum depression.
A mother who is in a depressed state can't give the baby the benefits needed for a healthy development, which puts them at risk of experiencing negative effects to their physical and mental health.
- Stunted growth due to malnutrition.
- Delays in the development.
- Difficulties getting to sleep.
- Emotional and behavioral problems.
- Learning problems in the future.
How to detect post-partum depression?
Usually pediatricians can detect it through the Scale of Edinburgh, the tool used for Postpartum Depression, this instrument has been a questionnaire of 10 questions that you must fill in the mother during the consultation. The answers allow you to determine the emotional conditions of the mother.
Oxytocin can Prevent postpartum depression?
Oxytocin may be associated with the emergence of positive feelings, such as love, attachment and happiness. The elevated levels of this hormone is the responsible for preventing post-partum depression. All children deserve the opportunity to have a healthy mom and breastfeeding is a good opportunity to say good-bye to the depressive symptoms.
Benefits of breastfeeding
- Reduces the stress on the mothers.
- Stimulates the intelligence of the children.
- Breastfeeding makes the newborn and the mother feel a greater affinity.
- The benefits of breastfeeding go beyond the nutritional needs of the baby, it helps it grow emotionally stable, and the mother begins to feel security at the time of performing all the activities that brings about maternity.
- If a mother has problems breastfeeding, you should consult with your health care professional.
- If a woman is not happy with his life, and with the arrival of your child, then you need the help of a specialist immediately. The postpartum depression is going to manifest in different ways: boredom, feeling sad and not wanting to do the day to day activities, you can even get to feel a strong rejection towards her son and husband.
- It is important that during the pregnancy the woman expresses everything that he feels. Post-partum depression can be expected during pregnancy.
- The benefits of breastfeeding can be many, don't miss out on this incredible opportunity.