Experts explain that asthma is determined genetically, however, this condition remains object of research on everything, what risk factors will determine when they will develop asthma and to what degree. What, then, it is possible to determine if it relates to the pollen the asthma in children?
All those bacterial processes which affect the respiratory tract (infections, allergies, etc), in addition to age, influence as triggers of asthma in children in some cases.
Symptoms of asthma in children
- Dry cough: at night, when you perform any activity or rises.
- Dyspnea: it Is a breathing difficulty, is characterized by the whistling or wheezing.
- Chest tightness or chest pain.
All these symptoms are recurring and persistent, they show up as respiratory tract infections, exposure to allergens or some other determinants nonspecific, such as tobacco or excessive crying.
Types of diagnosis for childhood asthma
- Clinical history.
- Family history.
- Physical examination.
- Functional diagnosis.
- Differential diagnosis.
The physician should perform in-depth studies of the child, based on your symptoms and family history, to get to the root of the problem and administer the right medication according to the conditions of the pediatric patient.
Treatment for asthma
- Avoid triggers: household Hygiene, proper use of detergents, careful with the pollen.
- Pharmacological treatment: the Drugs of rescue, short-acting bronchodilators, and the drug controllers, maintenance, treatment of background, such as corticosteroids.
Does the pollen with asthma in children
- The pollen can cause in children symptoms to allergy sufferers and asthmatics, even at kilometers of distance.
- By using diagnostic tests it is possible to detect which of all the existing types, is the one that hurts the child.
- The spring months is when the greatest amount of pollen in the atmosphere.
How to care for the children of the pollen
- We cannot prevent the child from leaving the house, so it is suggested to do so during the first few hours of the day or after the rains, because the pollen levels are tiny on both occasions.
- It is not necessary to use fans, you opt to turn on the air conditioning or open the windows.
- When washing the clothing of the family, not out to the outside, what is necessary is to use the dryer, this will prevent the pollen from entering the tissues.