These are frequent in spring and summer, when the rays of the sun are stronger than the rest of the year, and the babies and adults are the most likely to suffer the so-called heat shock; which are the body's response to the loss of water and salt that contains the sweat.
The causes are due to exposure to the sun, without being hydrated enough and do not carry adequate protection. During the months of high radiation must be to keep the child highly hydrated and the food should be fractional and with light meals, preferably including fruits with high liquid content.
Symptoms of a heat stroke
- Skin irritated.
- The neck, chest, armpits, and folds are the most affected.
- Muscle cramps.
- Exhaustion, tiredness, weakness.
- Nausea, dizziness, vomiting,
- Loss of consciousness.
What precautions should be taken?
- Give plenty of fluid to children prior to that demand and if it is nursing offer the breast immediately.
- Make several meals a day, preferably light, fresh or at room temperature.
- Give the baby a bath several times a day is a good choice for the hot days that will keep you cool.
- Portegerlos of the sun's rays, mainly from the 11 of the morning and until 18 hours, which is when the radiation is stronger.
- Reduce the stay in car.
- Use light clothing and light colors.
We must keep in mind that heat stroke is a serious condition that can lead to severe consequences when not detected early, due to the immaturity of the mechanism of thermoregulation of the child, this does not get to regulate the body temperature of the baby, which leaves him exposed to a variety of disorders.
What to do if the child suffers a heat stroke?
- It is important to act quickly but stay calm to think with reasoning.
- If it is serious, you should bring the baby to a well ventilated area, remove the clothes and give you oral rehydration.
- Also, with a wet towel you can refresh your body, especially in the neck and wrists.
- Raise your feet off the floor and fan with some object that facilitates the breathability.
- Although the child's reactions favorably, please do not hesitate to take him to his pediatrician later.