From the second trimester of pregnancy because the belly is already noticeable, the pregnant woman experiences changes in the body, the baby begins to make his first movements, and appear contractions physiological and insulated when doing any physical activity or lifting heavy objects. This period spans from week 13 until week 2.
Frequent symptoms during the second trimester of pregnancy
- The contractions will make you go to medical control, where studies will be performed to rule out urinary tract infections that are frequent in this period.
- The vaginal discharge increases by hormone levels.
- You can decrease or eliminate the nausea.
- Increases the tendency to constipation, decreased bowel activity.
- The woman will feel thirsty, so it is recommended to drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day.
- As for the weight, it is normal to gain 1 to 5 pounds during the second quarter.
- Swelling of the legs.
- Occurrence of varicose veins.
- The woman may have insomnia or fatigue due to the posture and size of the belly.
- Is numb of the arms.
- As to the date the prenatal visits must be performed on a monthly basis, with the purpose of carrying a healthy pregnancy, and early detection of any complication.
- You must perform an ultrasound around week 28 to 30, to determine the data of the growth of the baby and the location of the placenta.
- The doctor may take urine samples to measure the amount of sugar and protein.
- Control of weight of the mother.
- Measurement of the blood pressure.
- Administered vitamins, omega-3 and folic acid.
- Is performed a control of the movements of the baby.
- The baby may appear during the scan in any position, in these weeks he will start to move around a lot.
During this trimester your baby:
- Begins to develop the sucking, distinguishes the flavors and sucks the finger.
- Perceived heat and cold of the food consumed by the mother.
- It appears the hiccups fetal.
- Since you are unable to urinate.
- Aware of vibrations and sounds, it is a good time for stimulation, with music and objects of stimulants.
- You experience periods of sleep, long and deep or superficial.